It’s that time of the year again. The weather is heating up and spring fever is in full swing. In a matter of days, you’ll be tromping through the snow to get to work without a coat, but suddenly the bitter cold is gone and the sun is shining. It’s time to think about things to put into your belly.
If you are looking for a keto-friendly breakfast that’s going to leave your taste buds tingling, then you need to try this dish! It’s one of those recipes that is so easy to make, yet so good, that even your kids will love them. That’s because this keto griddle cake recipe is very low in carbs, and it’s absolutely loaded with healthy, nutritious ingredients that are high in fiber for kids and adults alike. You’ll be happy to know that everything is cooked in one pan, and we use quite a bit of broccoli bacon in the batter.
If you are looking for the most scrumptious breakfast recipe, this is probably the one for you. It’s a keto and gluten free recipe that has a perfect combination of broccoli, bacon, and cheese to make it taste like you are eating a cheese omelet on top of a hot buttered griddle cake.
Griddle Cakes on the Keto Diet
Griddle Cakes and Pancakes are apparently the same thing, but I’ve always called a savory pancake a Griddle Cake. Once you’ve mastered the fundamentals, these Griddle Cake for Ketos are a breeze to prepare.
You may combine several components to create any taste combination you can imagine. We’ll be rejoining three old pals in this version. Broccoli, bacon, and cheddar cheese! Let’s get this party started.
While you’re preparing the Griddle Cake for Keto Base, cook the bacon
The bacon will be utilized in the griddle cake, but the extra bacon oil will be used to cook the cakes. This is where all of the taste originates! In a nonstick pan, cook the bacon until it is crispy.
We don’t want it to be too crispy since the keto griddle cake will continue cooking for another few minutes, and if you cook it too long at first, it will burn. Remove the bacon from the pan and put it aside to cool, leaving the oil in the pan.
Creating the Foundation
If you’ve been eating low carb for a while, you’ve probably come across a lot of cauliflower dishes. Cauliflower may be used to substitute carbohydrates and even breads in almost any recipe.
However, you don’t see broccoli utilized in the same manner very frequently, and that’s precisely what we’re going to do here. In a food processor, pulse 4 cups broccoli until it approaches the consistency shown below:
Keto Griddle Cake
These griddle cakes are a wonderful low-carb side dish that are crispy on the exterior and cheesy on the inside.
- 30 minutes in total
- 6 Medium Griddle Cakes (servings)
- 350 calories per serving
- 15-minute prep time
- 15 minutes to prepare
- In a nonstick pan, cook 3 pieces of bacon. Save the bacon grease for later use and set aside the cooked bacon.
- In a food processor, pulse 4 cups broccoli until it is evenly cut into tiny bits.
- Toss the chopped broccoli with 6 tbsp cheddar cheese and pulse a couple more times to combine.
- In the food processor, add 1 large egg and pulse a couple more times until the broccoli/cheese/egg is well combined.
- Stir in the spices and the coarsely chopped bacon with a fork until everything is thoroughly combined.
- The mixture will be extremely loose at this point. To bind the mixture, add 2 tbsp Almond Flour. Continue to add additional almond flour if necessary. You’re aiming for a moist batter that can be shaped into a patty by hand but feels like it’ll break apart. That’s fine!
- Over medium heat, place the made keto griddle cakes in the pan with bacon oil. After a minute of cooking, the cakes will be easier to handle and will not fall apart. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side, or until golden brown on both sides.
- Allow for cooling for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Keto Griddle Cake
- Per Serving Amount
- 350 calories 234 calories from fat
- daily value in percent*
- 40 percent fat (26g)
- Carbohydrates (13.4% of total)
- 6 g of fiber (24%)
- 21 g (42%) protein
* Percent Daily Values (%DV) are calculated using a 2000-calorie diet.
Keto griddle cakes are a kind of keto griddlecake. Psst! Did you make this?Tag us on Instagram! We love seeing what you’ve made! Tag us on Instagram at @keto.connect or leave a comment & rating below.
Keto Griddle cakes, a new and exciting low carb savory dish. Delicious and filling, these are perfect for breakfast or lunch. The recipe is very simple to make and I have included a video as well. For less than 3g of carbs per serving, this is a fantastic way to start the day.. Read more about keto broccoli salad no bacon and let us know what you think.